Panic Attacks Causes
Anxiety and panic disorder is not the easiest of problems to handle, however knowing some of the panic attacks causes can always help in understanding this problem much better. You will be in a better position to identify the key symptoms that are causing the problem for you. As per many studies understanding the exact symptoms of anxiety can help you in stopping these attacks much before they cause harm to you.
Although there are several panic attacks causes that can lead to anxiety panic attacks but we will examine the top factors that are known to have maximum impact on a person.
- Environmental factor - The environmental factors like stress, anxiety problem with parents, over protective parents, childhood abuse, fear, phobia and insecurity can easily lead to panic attacks.
- Hereditary – If your family has a history of panic disorder then there is a chance that you may also get impacted. The genes that you inherit from your parents do have a role.
- Improper breathing – Chest breathing is considered to be a bad form of breathing. This type of breathing causes an imbalance between the levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the body. This can often cause the brain to interpret a suffocation thus leading to a panic reaction.
- Biological factor – Our brain has certain chemical messengers also known as neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters communicate with each other. As per some research studies an imbalance created by neurotransmitters can cause panic attacks.
- Fear and Phobia – One of the top panic attacks causes is fear or phobia. If a certain event or situation introduces fear in your mind, this can lead to an anxiety attack.
- Situational factor - Certain specific situations can also cause these attacks. For example the fear of traveling by an aircraft can lead to an anxiety attack.
- Hormonal Imbalance – A hormonal imbalance in the body can cause changes to the chemical neurotransmitters and thus cause panic attacks.
- Medication – Certain medicines work by increasing the level of anxiety. This can easily cause anxiety attacks. If the medicine causes regular panic attacks it is best to change the medicine.
- Diet - Certain items like coffee, alcohol and nicotine can act as stimulants and are often considered being important panic attacks causes.
- Fight or flight response – As per studies when a person perceives at threat there is a natural response for either fighting the threat or fleeing away. This response is also considered to be one of the main panic attacks causes.
You can read more about anxiety attacks and some proven methods to overcome this problem by viewing the post – Panic Away One Move Technique
By admin | August 3, 2010